Christian and I went to Scotland in mid-July. We traveled through the Highlands from Edinburgh. Our route over 7 days:
Here are a few things I think everyone should keep in mind when going there:
- Be prepared for rain. And more rain.
- Be prepared for cold. Even in July! We had to turn the heat on.
3. Edinburgh is pronounced Edinborough. I don’t get it.
4. Do the Underground City of the Dead tour in Edinburgh – good times!
5. Stores close at 6pm. What is this? Even in Aberdeen.
6. Plan the castles into your route! We missed a lot of them because we just didn’t have the time.
7. Ben Nevis is usually covered by clouds
8. The Loch Ness Monster is real.
8. Take cash with you if you want to climb the tower on Calton Hill – otherwise, your boyfriend, who planned to propose to you at the top, will be disappointed and in need of a different romantical spot to get down on one knee.
What?! Yes, I’m engaged now. Despite the horrible weather and the fact that I caught a cold during our trip, Scotland will always hold a place in my heart. Need an idea for a proposal spot? Try the Glenfinnan Viaduct. Yes, it was in the Harry Potter movies – but Christian didn’t know that.